Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A confession

I have a grievous confession to make. I am probably the worst mother in the world.

My 2 year old climbs in bed with me and my husband. Not only on bad nights, ... most nights. she starts in her own bed, but by 1 or 2, she's cuddled between me and my husband. By 3 or 4, she has my blankets.

How do I deal with this?
A: I could put her back in her own bed.
B: I could explain to her that mommy's bed is not for toddlers.
C: I could keep an extra blanket at the foot of the bed so I don't freeze when she steals my covers.

So what do I do? Yeah. C. I'm a bad mom. I figure once she's past this ear Infection, (the grossest this I've ever seen, by the way; it looked like she blew her nose in her ear), she'll start sleeping alone again.

Then again, we moved about a month ago, and that is when the bed climbing started. She doesn't even cry for us anymore. She just walks in, climbs in, goes to sleep. No noise, no comment, nothing. (Just turned 2 last week.).

I figure eventually she'll start sleeping in her own bed again, after all, this time is precious. She's so sweet, and doesn't even snore as bad as her daddy does. so for now, yeah, she can stay with me. it's just at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment