Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Peace.

There's been a lot of family around lately. It's totally different being home! (Even if it's only for the summer, I'm loving it! ) Anyway, I had to share this picture .... she's 3 - barely. Look at all that hair! It's thick and LONG. Can you believe that?
The noise was getting to me lately, and I needed a few minutes to myself. So during a break the other day, I drove down to where we have our family reunions every year.
Quiet and peaceful. See the blue dot? My van is the green dot next to it. Space ... lots of it. Alone.
I got some serious time to think. Just to walk around and spend a few minutes by myself to recharge. I think I'll have to make sure I spend time alone every week. That little "me" time.
As spring comes, so is growth and renewal. Moving back and starting work here has been another fresh start. Beautiful! About a half hour alone and I was ready to return to life. One step further from mental breakdown.

The point? I remembered that to keep my heart at peace, to keep sane and non-depressive, I need to remember life goes on, and search out quiet on occasion. It's good for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment