Saturday, January 16, 2010

A down day.

You know the ironic thing here? With depression comes a severe ... lack of enthusiasm to do anything that requires energy, forethought, or overall ... anything.

And here I am, attempting to start a blog, hoping to update daily when I sometimes lack the energy to get up. It's like actually forming a meeting of procrastinators anonymous, and trying to get people there. The meeting will be procrastinated for months.

So anyway ... I tried to find my meds today ... totally didn't succeed, but I did tell my husband I'm off my med's. Like it's a surprise?

Today I slept in until 9:30, I made lunch for the kids ... and eventually went with my family to visit one of my husbands friends.

The trick is to force myself to do things, but sometimes I lack the energy to do it. My husband picks up the slack a lot, which can be a help, but it's easy to depend on him too much. I know if I don't do the laundry, he'll do it.

Anyway, I'm going to bed. I just had to write something today. It's not great, but it's something. Once I allow myself to skip one day, I'll never get back to it. I know me, and I know how hard it is to keep going. (I think I last updated the family blog three months ago, I totally need to write something else, since last time, we've had two birthdays and we moved three hundred miles! Totally need to update that.

Goal for tomorrow: update family blog. And maybe find my depression medication. It's getting worse!

Weekends can be rough, but it's wonderful to spend time with the kids.

PS: OCD children make life very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment