Sunday, January 17, 2010

Family pictures

We had family pictures done the week before Christmas, and the Photographer now has the pictures up so we can preview them on her website. They are AWESOME, except for one little problem ... my oldest.

It's sad that difficulties run in the family, because with my tourettes, these kids had no chance. The Oldest has tourettes - diagnosed, and OCD - undiagnosed, and pretty dang impossible sometimes. Well .. don't tell me how, but we survived.

My favorite picture of all the cousins is one where they are all lined up against a wall, grinning like Cheshire cats, and my sweet Jacob (5 years old), is sitting about five feet in front of them with his knees to his chest. With the way he was acting that day, I was shocked to see a decent picture.

She (photography by robin, http://www.robinspencerphotos.com/) says she has a child a lot like him, who doesn't do well in groups. Thankfully, she was able to get decent pictures of the entire family.

Sometimes I feel guilty that I passed those genes down to him. My almost 2 year old is easier to understand than my 3 year old, who has some expressive speech issues, (mainly, nobody can understand him.).

His shoes have to be right, girls can't open doors. (daddy taught him once that a man should open a door for a woman. Now if a female isn't alone, and she opens the door, he has a complete meltown... go daddy.).

I'll post a picture if I can get a release from the photographer. But they turned out ok. I'll never know how she did it. He can be impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment