Monday, February 22, 2010

Blood tests

It's been a week since I've blogged, and I almost feel guilty. Ok, I really do feel bad about it. However, I did update the sweet upbeat family blog last week, so at least I did something. (Paulsenmonkeys.blogspot.com). Friday was the day I've been dreading for weeks ... the blood test! :-( Yeah, it sucked. Worst part? I had to be fasting for It! one of the test they did was a fasting blood sugar, so I couldn't eat 12 hours before. Keep in mind here, I get sick if I skip one meal, so not eating all morning ... killed me.

This week I'll get the results. It was hormone testing, the whole gamut. The end Result: since we know my thyroid is fine, it's the whether I have PCOS, or what my problem really is. They took 8 vials of blood!

Did I learn anything? Yeah. Skipping meals makes me sick. :) I'll know more later.

It was a pride thing. I haven't wanted to do the full testing, because that's admitting there is something wrong they have to test for. But for my sake, and for the sake of my children, it was time.

In more upbeat news, my sister in law is being induced this afternoon, and she said she'll probably have the baby tonight. (Induced at 4 ... so it'll be born .. tomorrow. )

So we look forward to her having the baby tomorrow night ... after a typical induction for a first child, long, painful, and miserable. The best part being that a baby comes out of all the pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment